Friday, September 4, 2009

Final Q & A: Linda Fuller













This photo by Cris Lappin shows Linda between Gresham Brooks and Sue Meadows Auchmuty. Brooks' new home was sponsored in honor of Auchmuty.

What has been your favorite thing this week?

It’s difficult to say because EVERYTHING has been awesome. Extra special have been being with so many energetic personal friends and Fuller Center builders. Also, I have been rooming with my incredible daughter Faith who has organized an awesome communications team. I am simply one member of her team…working with photos. That’s another favorite thing – there have been literally thousands of pictures made this week by volunteers Christine Lappin and Mary Lou Johnson. By working with photos and posting them on the Fuller Center website, I can see what is going on at all of the houses without moving farther than my computer.

What do you think of when you think of Millard’s legacy?

I believe we have sensed Millard’s presence and enthusiasm with us this week. It was so contagious that enough people have caught this incurable condition. It’s called the Theology of the Hammer and it will live on and on. Abraham Lincoln said: “In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.” Truly, Millard put every ounce of life in his years to help those needing a hand-up…and, he inspired millions to do likewise.

What does home mean to you?

No matter where I travel or how long I stay at a beautiful place, I am always so happy to get back home. Millard especially loved being home because he traveled more than I. When we built the “home of our dreams” on six wooded acres on a lake, it was a perfect retreat for us. We found joy and relaxation working together in the yard or clearing brush. Standing around a fire at sunset with soot on our faces was some of our best times to fall deeper in love. Since his death, I have planted flowers in the yard…for him. I have the privilege of working in his study. So home is where I live and also work. My beautiful black shorthair cat, Pepe, is my snuggly companion. How very blessed I am to have such comfort, love and beauty around me at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment